| This is random I know.|
|94 days ago||5 Replies|
|148 days ago||16 Replies|
| im back take 2|
|188 days ago||1 Replies|
| MoP Class guides|
|292 days ago||1 Replies|
| Nice to see the GM's out having fun with us mortals|
|301 days ago||0 Replies|
GTH started several years ago in the game Ultima Online on the Sonoma shard (server). After many changes to the game caused most of GTH to become disillusioned with UO a few moved to WoW and Bonechewer. When it became apparent that a guild was required to progress in WoW the people formed GTH (WoW) in April 2005. We kept our original players and only allowed former GTH (UO) members to join GTH until we had at least one level 60 character and the majority of the players over level 50. Since then we have steadily increased our ranks with good people we encountered in WoW, real life friends, and old friends from UO days until we are the guild you see today.
There are several overall ideas that we in GTH hold dear.
- Teamwork. A well organized group can accomplish seemingly impossible tasks in this game. Know your place in the team and do your job well.
- Respect. First and foremost GTH is a group of friends getting together to play a game. Treat your guildmates as you would treat your friends.
- Big Tent. No one in the guild will tell you how to play your character other than to tell you what your role in the group is. How you go about playing your character is totally your decision. There is room in GTH for as many play styles as there are people.
- FUN! Rule number one… HAVE FUN. If you are not having fun then you should log out and take a break. There are many things in WoW that can cause even the most even tempered individuals to pound their keyboards to pieces. If you’re violating rule #1 then it’s time to leave.
- Guild Master - The head guy. (Anson) Gets to make all the hard decisions. That’s why he makes all that GM pay.
- Officer - The founding members of GTH (WoW). Specifically Larrah, Mafuu, and Twistlock.
- Veteran - A member that has shown above and beyond dedication to the guild by helping members and being unselfish of their time and resources.
- Knight - Rank and file members of GTH.
- Initiate - A probationary status held in GTH for an undetermined time during which new recruits are evaluated for their fit into the guild. An Initiate can not sponsor a new member into the guild. Initiates have all privileges of Knights but can be asked to leave the guild at any time. After a review by the Officers the Initiate is promoted to Knight.
- Restricted - New members for the first 2 weeks they are in the guild hold this rank. Members that have not communicated with the guild in some way or logged into these forums for over 2 months or are thought to be the victim of an account hack do as well. If your WOW account doesn't have any security/validation you will remain restricted. The only difference between this and Initiate rank is no access to the Guild Bank.
Applying to become a GTH member:
We are a people oriented guild. We are a guild that raids. We are NOT a raiding guild. What level you are or what you have for Fire Resist Gear or a Main Hand Tanking Weapon doesn't matter to us. We want to know will you be a part of our group? Will you fit in? Will you help other members of the guild when they need it? Will you ask for their help when you need it? Can you carry on an adult conversation? Can you be a part of a team that is oriented around having fun and accomplishing goals at the same time? If you answer yes to all these then maybe you want to be a member. How do you do this? Simple. Ask. Talk to a member. Spend some time with one or more of us. Do a 5 man instance or a few quests. If we think you're the real deal then someone will sponsor you.
Any non-Initiate can sponsor a person to become a guild member. Sponsoring a person means that you have spent time with them and explained the basics of what GTH is all about and you think they will fit in well with our group. A sponsor is not responsible for the actions of the initiate but in an informal way they have “vouched” for them. We want high quality people motivated by the desire for the guild to be successful not greedy people wanting quick loot.
- 18 years old.
- Check these boards on a regular basis.
If you want to raid there are additional requirements.
- Ventrilo Installed
- Decursive installed if you are a "De-Curser or Cleanser"
- Updated Bigwigs, Deadly Boss Mods or similar UI Mod installed
The spec you are currently playing is your Main spec unless otherwise coordinated with the group/raid leader beforehand. Need for Main spec upgrade, otherwise greed/disenchant. Same rules for BoEs. Crafting patterns need if your current toon has the skill and level to use it, otherwise greed. Resources are always greed. These rules apply to Guildies and Pugs alike.
We want to develop characters that are less than level 90 so that every PLAYER has at least one level 90 character. We also want to clear all current 10 man raid content. Of course the number 1 goal of GTH is for everyone to have fun when they log into WoW!
We communicate through the use of these forums. As a guild member you will have access to guild only areas. Raids are signed up for here. When you apply for access make sure you let an Officer know what your screen name is. Otherwise we wont know to allow "Anklebiter007" access. Check here on a regular basis for the newest information.